You are here


Ste Anne Church

Ste Anne du Ruisseau Roman Catholic Church

The Hillsdale House

The 25 room Italiante mansion known as the Hillsdale House was built in 1859 for Susan Forbes Foster on land that had been the exercising ground for the garrison.

The Sinclair Inn

Situated in the heart of Annapolis Royal (formerly Port Royal) The Sinclair Inn may very well be one of the most significant heritage establishments in the town's Nationally designated historic district.

The Inn survives today as one of the very few examples of French regime Acadian construction. It is also the second oldest wood frame structure in Canada.

Charles MacDonald House

Charles MacDonald Concrete House Museum

Margaree Inn

Margaree River View Inn (formerly Margaree Lodge): The Riverview Inn property features a small Gothic house to the far right of the land built by Sam Campbell, a former prominent landowner in the Margarees. Mr. Campbell moved from Mabou to Margaree in 1836 but it’s unlikely the house was built before 1850.

Hantsport Centre

Hantsport Memorial Community Centre

St. Andrew's Anglican Church

Catalogue info: St. Andrew's Church was built by contrator Joseph Taylor and decorated by F. W. Dakin, both from nearby Windsor, NS. The building was completed on November 26th, 1890. The church hosts stencilled organ pipes (oil on lead c.1890) by an unknown artist. The original three-manual instrument had these stencilled lead pipes; the maker is unknown.

Moffat House

Catalogue info: The house was built in 1881 for a Mr. Moffatt who was in the moving business. He remained a bachelor, and upon his death in 1922 the house was sold, remaining empty until 1923 when purchased by a Mr. Barnes. Barnes was a blind piano tuner wishing to relocate in amherst from Newfoundland. On Mr.

Musquodoboit Centre

The Musquodoboit Bicentennial Theatre and Cultural Centre, a 3 level wooden building, was constructed in 1928 by the people of Middle Musquodoboit as meeting hall for the 'Old Fellows Lodge'.

St. James United Church

Catalogue info: On December 11th, 1882 the Presbyterian church in Great Village burned down. A week later the congregation decided to rebuild. The new church had free-hand painted walls along its nave and chancel (oil on plaster c.1883) Plastered cement walls are painted to imitate stone blocks and are the only example of painted stone jointing found to date.


Subscribe to RSS - Yes